Well, if you are someone who has faith in the concept of bringing good luck by wearing birthstones, here is what you need. As you might already know, there are birthstones assigned every month. And based on your birth month, you can select your birthstone and wear it as a piece of jewelry. Understanding the significance of birthstones, here, we will walk you through the birthstone for December. So, with no further delays, let’s jump right into the discussion.
What are Birthstones?
In simple terms, birthstones are precious stones that most people believe can provide you with good fortune. These precious stones are either based on months or zodiac signs. While considering the history of birthstone, it has a rich history that hails back to the first century in western custom. However, the concept of modern birthstones came in 1912 after their standardization by the National Association of Jewelers or the Jewelers of America. Since then, there have been a few revisions in the later years.
Although this article focuses on the birthstone for December, we will also discuss the birthstones for the other months before we move forward.
What are the Different Birthstones for Each Month?
For every month, there is a birthstone attached to it. By the way, as you might know, there are traditional and modern birthstones. Here, let’s have a look at each of the birthstones:
- The traditional birthstone of January is Garnet, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of February is Amethyst, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of March is Bloodstone, and the modern birthstone of March is Aquamarine.
- The traditional birthstone of April is a Diamond, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of May is Emerald, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of June is Alexandrite, and the modern birthstone of June is the Pearl of Moonstone.
- The traditional birthstone of July is Ruby, and it’s the same as its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of August is Sardonyx, and the modern birthstone of August is Peridot.
- The traditional birthstone of September is Sapphire, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of October is Opol, and the modern birthstone of October is Tourmaline.
- The traditional birthstone of November is Tiger’s Eye, and the modern birthstone of November is Topaz or Citrine.
- The traditional birthstone of December is Turquoise, and the modern birthstone of December is Blue Topaz.
What is the Birthstone for December?
So, from the above discussion, it is clear that the traditional birthstone of December is Turquoise, and the modern birthstone of December is Blue Topaz. We can also understand that the color of the birthstone for December is bright blue, and they stand for peace and calmness.
Nowadays, people consider Blue Topaz as the birthstone for December as it is the modern birthstone. It is a clear gemstone that seems to can soothe and offer calmness to your mind, body, and soul. While wearing this gemstone as a piece of jewelry, you can improve your communication skills. It also helps reduce chaos and other problems in your life. This stone can enhance your sleep quality, especially when you wear it at night.
In addition, if you like to meditate, you can use this birthstone. It is also beneficial in offering a cooling effect. Although it is blue in color, it is available in different shades. They include:
- Sky Blue Topaz, which is pale blue in color
- Swiss Blue Topaz, which is medium blue in color
- London Blue Topaz, which is deep blue in color
Now, let’s look at the other birthstone for December, as you know, it is Turquoise. Turquoise has a rich history as it was used by the ancient rulers of Egypt and later gained popularity among the Chinese artisans. Yes, we have to consider the rich history of this precious stone and also look into the different benefits associated with it. They include:
- People believe that Turquoise is a precious stone that can bring forward good fortune in life, especially wealth.
- Turquoise can help improve your health, and it can assist in the removal of negative energy that surrounds you.
- Turquoise can enhance your physical strength and also improve your immunity.
- It is a gemstone that has the potential to increase your creativity.
In a nutshell, whether it be a traditional or modern birthstone for December, wearing it can be highly beneficial if you are born in December.
What are the Different Ways to Wear the December Birthstone?
There are different ways to wear the December Birthstone, whether it be Turquoise or Blue Topaz. Some ways to wear them are, birthstone December rings, pendants, bracelets, earrings, etc. Now, let’s have a look at them in detail.
Birthstone December Rings
Among all forms of jewelry, the birthstone December ring is one of the best options. Here, you can opt for a single gemstone or over one in your ring. By the way, you can shop for the best birthstone December rings from a wide range of collections from Love Wedding Bands. Here, you can customize your ring further by including engravings, selecting the finishing for the ring, etc.
Birthstone December Pendants
Well, a necklace with a pendant will never go out of style. You can shop for one such ornament online and have it in gold, platinum, or silver. Here, you can also focus on the number of gemstones in the pendant based on your preference.
Birthstone December Earrings
Along with rings and necklaces, why not move a step ahead in style by having birthstone December earrings? When you have a pair of such earrings, you can style them with any outfit of your choice and even turn them into your statement piece.
Thus, in a nutshell, choosing ornaments with birthstones for December can be highly beneficial if you are born in this month. And, you can find exclusive pieces of jewelry in this kind from Love Wedding Bands!