Since we got your attention and brought you here, it is time for us to move forward with the discussion of Birthstone for January.
But before we speed up in that direction, it is integral that we focus on some details of what a birthstone is. Birthstones come with a rich historical background. People view Birthstones as a great way to attract charm and good luck in our lives. And many people have seen that it has been effective for them.
So, if you have faith in the concept of Birthstones, why not explore more Birthstones, especially January Birthstones in depth? Let’s get right into the discussion without beating around the bush.
What are Birthstones?
Birthstones have a rich history that has been there in western and eastern customs for so long. People from ancient times believed that wearing Birthstones can be an excellent way to attain good luck and fortune in their lives.
Well, there are several narratives on Birthstones from different cultures that you can explore if this is something that strikes a chord with you. Birthstone, by its name, is clear that it has a close relationship with your month of birth.
Similarly, there are stones attached to each zodiac sign as well. Each month will have two zodiac signs associated with it. When it comes to Birthstones based on your month of Birth, it is one. There are other options as well. It depends upon the standardization of these Birthstones.
For a long time, until the early 1900s, there was no standardization of Birthstones. But the National Association of Jewelers brought a standardization in 1912, leading to the development of the modern Birthstones that we all know.
What are the Birthstones for Each Month?
As mentioned, there are Birthstones attached every month. We can classify them into types which are modern and traditional Birthstones. Here, we will explore both these options for each of these months in brief before we dive into the January Birthstone meaning and other details associated with it. So, without wasting any more time, why don’t we kick-start the discussion?
- The traditional birthstone of January is Garnet, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of February is Amethyst, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of March is Bloodstone, and the modern birthstone of March is Aquamarine.
- The traditional birthstone of April is a Diamond, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of May is Emerald, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of June is Alexandrite, and the modern birthstone of June is the Pearl of Moonstone.
- The traditional birthstone of July is Ruby, and it’s the same as its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of August is Sardonyx, and the modern birthstone of August is Peridot.
- The traditional birthstone of September is Sapphire, and it’s the same for its modern birthstone.
- The traditional birthstone of October is Opol, and the modern birthstone of October is Tourmaline.
- The traditional birthstone of November is Tiger’s Eye, and the modern birthstone of November is Topaz or Citrine.
- The traditional birthstone of December is Turquoise, and the modern birthstone of December is Blue Topaz.
What is the Birthstone for December?
As you know, the Birthstone for December is Turquoise. While we consider the traditional Birthstone, it is none other than Blue Topaz. With the recent developments, most people prefer to go with modern Birthstones, and therefore, you can consider Turquoise as your go-to Birthstone if you are born in December. The reason is that it is much more available and affordable than the traditional Birthstone alternative for January.
Now, let’s explore the January Birthstone meaning and other details. Turquoise is a blue-to-green gem that is opaque. When you wear Turquoise in your jewelry, you can garner a lot of benefits. They include:
- You can enhance your relationship and build the bond you share with your partner.
- You can remove bad luck and improve positivity in your life.
- You can work on your physical and mental health.
Different Ways to Wear Your December Birthstone
There are plenty of ways for you to style your December Birthstone. You can consider wearing a December Birthstone, which is Turquoise, in your ring. Other ways of styling it would be in the form of earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and so forth. Let’s explore the different ways through which you can bring luck and fortune to yourself by wearing the December Birthstone, which is Turquoise.
December Birthstone Rings
Many people nowadays prefer Birthstone rings, and if you are born in December, why not enhance your charm and luck further by wearing a Turquoise ring?
You can find this ring in different materials, and among them, gold and platinum are the most loved options. When it comes to gold, you can get them in white, yellow, or rose, based on your preference. By the way, you can explore a variety of Birthstone rings from Love Wedding Bands. Here, you can make your ring stand out in the crowd by adding engravings. Anyhow, if you wish to shop for a December Birthstone ring, or any other for that matter, you can find a wide variety of them at Love Wedding Bands.
December Birthstone Necklaces
A pendant that comes on a necklace can never go out of style. You can wear it every day and style it with your outfits easily. Here, you can opt for a December Birthstone pendant with a necklace. You can even try chunky necklaces with the January Birthstone, which is Turquoise. So, why not give a shot at this look?
December Birthstone Earrings
If you are in search of a way to accentuate your look in no time, the best option is to wear an earring. Earrings are available in a variety of designs and styles now. They range from studs to tear-drop earrings. While looking for December Birthstone earrings, it is best to consider one that you can wear daily. So, you can consider studs, hoops, or something simple.
As we have explored the January Birthstone meaning and similar details, why not start shopping for jewelry pieces with Turquoise as a gemstone?